Subject: Re: The well known patch problem
To: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@ftp.netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/07/1999 10:22:50
On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Alistair G. Crooks wrote:

> But the fact that we get a fair number of these type of problems
> would suggest to me that the whole procedure is incorrect, and
> could do with some checks.
>
> And so to suggestions, most of them off the top of my head, and
> therefore gibberish:

	We could add an extra message to be displayed in the event of
	patch failing - describing how to fix the problem for both
	sup and tar users.

	It may not be a complete solution, but it would definitely be
	an improvement in the status quo while a perfect solution is
	determined :)

		David/absolute

                  -=-  Trust is a non-renewable resource  -=-