Subject: Re: Can't make rpm-2.5.4
To: Webmaster Jim <jspath@bcpl.net>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/27/1999 14:14:39
On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Webmaster Jim wrote:

> I'm not SUPing, just FTPing the pkgsrc.tar file.  Could makefiles include
> a way to delete obsolete patches?

	Hmm, "On that path lies danger". If anything it should probably be
	a warning rather than an automatic delete, though you can get the
	current list of files by running tar tzf on the tarfile...

	It would be simple enough to write a script to list the unwanted
	files, though if you're using ftp to download the pkgsrc you
	should really nuke the old pkgsrc before extracting (Thats
	mentioned in the software/packages.html#setting_up_pkgsrc webpage
	:)

		David/absolute

	  -=-  Maybe your misinterpretation of my actions is
	      in conflict with your misconception of who I am  -=-