Subject: Re: Netscape package and 'flash' shockwave plugin
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/21/1999 19:24:41
On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, David Brownlee wrote:

: 	c) Add a new 'ns-flash' package.
: 		Much more extensible in the long run. Would want to share
: 		plugin dir between communicator and navigator, and would
: 		also want to depend on _either_ navigator and communicator
: 		package (I don't know if we can do this?)

This is a module that is optional.  It should be a separate pkg.

I really think that both the navigator and communicator packages should
install a symlink called just `netscape' in ${PREFIX}/bin, and CONFLICT= on
each other -- you shouldn't need both, and in fact, if you run both at once
you waste a lot of memory that could be shared text.

If the navigator and communicator pkgs are installed to install a
${PREFIX}/bin/netscape symlink, perhaps this would work?

DEPENDS=	${LOCALBASE}/bin/netscape:${PKGSRCDIR}/www/communicator

I'm not sure if this will DTRT in the face of just Navigator being
installed.

--
-- Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com)