Subject: Re: gnome-libs doesnt build under 1.4 sparc
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/18/1999 23:50:23
In article <Pine.SOL.3.96.990617173255.19710A-100000@bitter.mit.edu>,
	mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu writes:
> When building the gnome-libs package on a NetBSD-1.4/sparc machine, I get:
[...]
> /usr/lib/c++rt0.o
> ld: /usr/lib/c++rt0.o: illegal reloc type mix

It seems that the a.out shared library doesn't work for NetBSD-sparc.

> Anyone know what the A_OUT.... variables are?  I didn't seem to find them
> in /usr/pkgsrc/mk/*

They are defined in the "Makefile" of the "gnome-libs" package:

.if (${OBJECT_FMT} == a.out)
.if exists(/usr/bin/c89) && (${MACHINE_ARCH} != sparc)
MAKE_ENV+=      A_OUT_LIBTOOL_FLAGS=--cplusplus
.else
MAKE_ENV+=      A_OUT_STATIC=-static
.endif
.endif

> Any ideas?

I added a special check for the sparc port. The package should build
for you after the next sup scan update cycle.

	Regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                http://home.owl.de/~tron/