Subject: Re: binary dependancy ordering
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/16/1999 07:34:53
In article <199906160512.CAA29572@mx2.glinx.com>,
	hclsmith@glinx.com (Hume Smith) writes:
> Is that a recent thing?

No, it isn't. "pkg_add" had a bug in dependence checking when adding local
files but that was fixed month ago, especially before the KDE 1.1 update.

> because it does/did break on kde-1.1 because of the dependency ordering.

Not on my system. The only known bug in "pkg_add" in 1.4 is that it fails
once if "/var/db/pkg" doesn't exist. The next run will work fine.

> Have you actually tried it?

Yes, I did a complete "pkg_add" for KDE 1.1 and 1.1.1 after I finished
update the packages. And both worked fine.

> *shrug* could you please enable word wrap?

No, you should disable your proportional font because you know that it makes
your messages hard to read for some participiants of this mailing list.

	Regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                http://home.owl.de/~tron