Subject: Re: new package ideas.
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/15/1999 21:23:24
Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Simon Burge wrote:
> > ftp://ftp.slackware.org/pub/linux/slackware/source/a/procps/procps-2.0.2.tar.gz
> >
> > The other option is to refer to the original comp.sources.unix shar file
> > and apply some of the procps patches (things like strcat->strncat) by
> > hand.
> >
> > Any ideas on what would be cleanest and/or best to do?
>
> As we don't support srpm, using the above URL sounds ok for me.
> BTW, any chance there's also a tload in there? :)
> Thanks for pkgizing!

There is, but that's made life interesting...  If there's two things in
a random package, I think it'd be best to make two different packages,
one called "watch" and one called "tload".  Put it this way, if I were
looking for watch, I would _never_ have thought to look in a package
called "psproc"...  Do we have a way to make ``aliases'' for packages?

Simon.