Subject: RE: 'ja-' prefix
To: (Kazuki Sakamoto) <sakamoto@cec.co.jp>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/07/1999 21:03:30
On 08-Jun-99 Kazuki Sakamoto spoke unto us all:
#  Hi,
#
#  I think that the part of 'ja-' of 'pkgsrc/japanese/ja-less' is tedious,
#  so should rename 'pkgsrc/japanese/ja-less' to 'pkgsrc/japanese/less'.
# # 'pkgsrc/japanese/ja-a2ps' to 'pkgsrc/japanese/a2ps', too :-)
#
#  Of course, ${PKGNAME} keep 'ja-' prefix for
#   > c) It's where we duplicate pkgs in other categories, with japanese
#  support.

But don't we allready have an "a2ps" pkg somewhere else?  It seems like we want
to keep the ja- prexif in cases where another pkg with the same name exists.
As a matter of fact, we probably have to, for creation of binary packages.

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org