Subject: Re: bsd.pkg.mk proposal 6b: general cleanup
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/03/1999 10:03:35
On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Greg A. Woods wrote:

# [ On Saturday, May 22, 1999 at 11:56:04 (-0400), Todd Vierling wrote: ]
# > Subject: bsd.pkg.mk proposal 6b: general cleanup
# >
# > Comments, please.
#
# only a requested additional "cleanup" to make the naming of the
# "requirements" scripts and the related variables and such consistent and
# properly spelled out just as the "INSTALL" and "DEINSTALL" scripts and
# such are.  I.e. an effective "s/REQ/REQUIRE/g", including renaming the
# necessary variables as appropriate, as well as the files, etc.  If I
# remember correctly the pkg_* tools already use the full word....

Minor (I mean _really_ minor) nit, but one that jumps out at me every
time I have to go to add a package.

What was the rationale behind sticking that blasted underscore in there?

No big deal, I'm curious is all, and I hurt my toe every time I trip on
it... :-)

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: it'll be there when you're ready for it.