Subject: Re: postfix change to pkg_install, again
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/29/1999 19:54:36
On Sun, 30 May 1999, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

: I don't think it's useful to force every pkgsrc-current user to update his
: pkg-tools for a change that enables things that should better not be used.

: [*] indeed, having the possibility to really add full pathnames to PLIST
:     is a win, IMHO.

Perhaps, but my point is that enabling such functionality encourages things
that allow pkgs to get much sloppier.

So, Christos states that postfix-script should be immutable, in which case
it should go into ${PREFIX}/share/postfix and the PLIST should create/delete
symlinks instead of installing directly into /etc.

-- Todd Vierling (Personal; Bus.