Subject: Re: bsd.pkg.mk proposal 2: file control
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/24/1999 23:58:56
>It doesn't mean up-to-three year old releases have to live in the
>'distfiles' directory, or even anywhere on the FTP server -- just that
>the sources have to be made available on demand.  There are enough
>different CDs floating around that these old GNU source releases will be
>available in almost every serious collector's library for dozens of
>years to come and I'm sure someone in the NetBSD crowd will be able to
>cough up a copy of any specified source release no matter how old it
>is.  Keeping everything online simplifies or even eliminates the labour
>required when someone makes a demand, but it's not required.

well...not to be snide or anything...but does anyone have the sendmail
or bind releases that i'm missing?  :)

i only have the 8.8 releases of sendmail, one 8.7 (6 -- i'd like the
rest) and no 8.6 stuff.  or earlier.  as for bind, i'm much better
off, but if someone could just spot-check my 4.8 series (i've got rel,
1, 2, and 3) and supply me with the 4.7 stuff (and earlier) i'd also
very much appreciate it.

i'm...something of a digital packrat.  but i do so love to grovel
through the old tar balls and see when and how things grew.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|