Subject: Re: bsd.pkg.mk proposal 5: flexible distfile handling
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/22/1999 05:52:16
Hi Todd, thanks for the quick response.

Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com> wrote:

Todd> I assume the second one should have read the
Todd> following?

Todd> ftp://ftp.ascii.co.jp/pub/TeX/ascii-ptex/ptex218/web2c/

Yes, it should.  Sorry.

Todd> Dependencies can only be created on *installed* files -
Todd> that is, binaries, libraries, etc.  If it is source
Todd> code that must be available to the pkg, it needs to be
Todd> extracted at the same time.

Yes.  The problem I was hit was that I did the sequence
following because of my disk shortage:

cd a; make && make install && make clean && cd ../b; make &&

and second make failed.

: Any suggestions?

Todd> For now, place the /web2c/ URL first in MASTER_SITES,
Todd> as that would result in four fetches (only one
Todd> failure).

Hmm, It's reasonable.

Todd> Then, if/when the proposal is accepted, the pkg will
Todd> be updated to use proper matching.

I'd appreciate to here that.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
Hack on NetBSD, and your code runs on over 20 architectures!