Subject: Re: bsd.pkg.mk proposal 2: file control
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/21/1999 09:25:50
On Fri, 21 May 1999, Simon Burge wrote:

: I take it that "csh style glob strings" would included the braces, so
: we could say "netbsd-1.4*-{mips*,arm32}" for example?  I can't think of
: a case off the top of my head where we'd need a ${MACHINE} restriction
: instead of a ${MACHINE_ARCH} restriction...

Correct.

: At the moment, you need an /etc/mk.conf with something in to be able
: to type "make pacakge" and end up with something that can be dumped on
: ftp.netbsd.org (ie, covers licencing, crypto, etc).  With the above
: variable set, I take it that this will be the case (I don't need a
: special /etc/mk.conf entry) when this gets implemented?

The proposal assumes that the default case (no/empty mk.conf) produces only
binaries which can be publicly distributed around the world.  You have to
add stuff to PKG_DIST_LICENSES to make that more lenient.  (Right now, we're
too lenient by default.)

I'll actually edit the proposal to mention that a bulk package build should
be done using the environment variable MAKECONF=/dev/null.