Subject: Re: bsd.pkg.mk proposal 2: file control
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/21/1999 11:17:18
Todd Vierling wrote:

> - [build, install, package]
>   ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM:  A set of csh style glob strings, in the format
>   ${LOWER_OPSYS}-${OPSYS_VER}-${MACHINE_ARCH} (example: "netbsd-1.4*-*").
>   When set, the operating system must match one of these patterns in order
>   to build the package.

I take it that "csh style glob strings" would included the braces, so
we could say "netbsd-1.4*-{mips*,arm32}" for example?  I can't think of
a case off the top of my head where we'd need a ${MACHINE} restriction
instead of a ${MACHINE_ARCH} restriction...

At the moment, you need an /etc/mk.conf with something in to be able
to type "make pacakge" and end up with something that can be dumped on
ftp.netbsd.org (ie, covers licencing, crypto, etc).  With the above
variable set, I take it that this will be the case (I don't need a
special /etc/mk.conf entry) when this gets implemented?

Sounds good otherwise (both proposals so far).  I think your first
proposal would cover the case where I had 8192 "-k"s on the "make
package" command line once :-)

Simon.