Subject: Re: qpopper needs gdbm?
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Dean Huxley <dean@huxley.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/10/1999 17:49:04
tron@lyssa.owl.de (Matthias Scheler) wrote:
> In article <199905101710.TAA07076@orade.ora.de>,
> 	Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de> writes:
> >>Should there be DEPENDS line for gdbm in the Makefile?
> >
> > No.  The check for gdbm should be disabled in the configure scripts.
>
> Actually I can't see how it found "gdbm":
>
> ===>  Configuring for qpopper-2.53
> checking for ndbm.h... yes
> checking for gdbm.h... no
> checking for dbm.h... no
>
> Perhaps there is a copy "gdbm.h" in "/usr/include" on Dean's system?

Nope.  This same problem occurs on all three of my x86 boxes.  One of
them was installed from scratch a few weeks ago with 1.4BETA.  I get
the same three lines from configure as you listed above.  It's this
line that is causing my problem:

checking for gdbm_open in -lgdbm... yes

This sets '#define GDBM 1' in config.h which causes a bunch of files to
include gdbm.h.