Subject: Re: qpopper needs gdbm?
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Dean Huxley <dean@huxley.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/08/1999 14:47:36
tron@lyssa.owl.de (Matthias Scheler) wrote:
> In article <199905070456.WAA16238@habanero.huxley.org>,
> 	Dean Huxley <dean@huxley.org> writes:
> > cc -c -I. -I. -pipe -fstrength-reduce -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  pop_user.c -o pop_user.o
> > pop_user.c:34: gdbm.h: No such file or directory
> >
> > Should there be DEPENDS line for gdbm in the Makefile?
>
> No, "qpopper" works fine with NetBSD's "db" library. Perhaps you have
> a stry "gdbm" library in a directory where it doesn't belong so that
> the "configure" script selects gdbm mode.

Actually, it turns out that gdbm was previously installed by another
package.  Perhaps the configure script saw that?  Unfortunately, it
didn't include $(PREFIX)/include, so the compile failed.  I wonder if
the configure script should be told to always use the native NetBSD db
library.  I suspect that the compile will fail otherwise, if gdbm was
installed beforehand.

Cheers,

Dean.