Subject: Re: gimp depends on emacs?
To: None <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/03/1999 16:27:27
Hubert Feyrer writes:

> You say, why should I install emacs to get two files which I know in
> advance how they look like.
>
> I say, why not get *all* files that I know in advance how they look like.
>
> I don't see how this is not the issue here.
>

>  - Hubert

It probably is.  I would just wonder whether the contents of the
two files would change depending on the local NetBSD version/port,
or the local prefix, if not /usr/pkg.  My guess is that they would
not change.  Meanwhile the canned binaries might not match the
local machine.

Is there a "no docs" target for packages?  So documentation dependencies
could be overridden and only binaries generated?

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.