Subject: Re: openssl doesn't build on mac68k-1.4_beta
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/01/1999 22:59:09
On Sat, 1 May 1999, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

: > (though it probably doesn't matter much, as the
: > ssl-enabled version will not allow pkg binaries to be built ;)
:
: I hadn't considered that. There aren't many binary packages for mac68k
: anyhow, so I've never installed a single one. Is that a reason to
: prefer the seperate *-ssl package over a switch?

Not necessarily.  Since the switch involves turning on a restricted
component (which means that you have to build the restricted version from
pkgsrc), a pkgsrc switch is fine.  Bulk builds used for the ftp.netbsd.org
binaries will just build the non-SSL version as always.