Subject: RE: What does "Machine not recognized" when checking host system
To: 'Todd Vierling' <>
From: Fischer, Roger <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/30/1999 13:40:45
Pkgsrc invokes configure scripts with an explicit --hots= argument, so
running ltconfig directly does nothing useful in this case.  If you tried:

    ltconfig --host=--netbsd

you'd see the error, because this is ths (incorrect) argument passed by

This should have been addressed by a fix I put into yesterday.

Hmmm.  I re-sup'ped last night about 12 hours after you said you put in
the changes.  I checked and verified that did get copied over
so I assumed I had the new one.

I can try again later on today.
Not to tie up your time, but I could also give you an account on my machine
and let you poke around and see what you find.  (I'm not terribly worried
about security)