Subject: RE: What does "Machine not recognized" when checking host system
To: Fischer, Roger <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/30/1999 13:42:48
On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Fischer, Roger wrote:

: > But I ran ltconfig manually, and it seemed to recognize my system, so I
: > don't know why it couldn't find the host system type when I was building
: > kdebase.
: >
: > :  max# ./ltconfig
: > :  checking host system type... m68k-apple-netbsd1.3.2
: What's in "config.log"? That should tell you the last command that
: failed, probably an invokation of ltconfig, a shell script?

Pkgsrc invokes configure scripts with an explicit --hots= argument, so
running ltconfig directly does nothing useful in this case.  If you tried:

    ltconfig --host=--netbsd

you'd see the error, because this is ths (incorrect) argument passed by

This should have been addressed by a fix I put into yesterday.

-- Todd Vierling (Personal; Bus.