Subject: RE: What does "Machine not recognized" when checking host system
To: 'Frederick Bruckman' <fb@enteract.com>
From: Fischer, Roger <RFischer@PanAmSat.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/30/1999 11:56:59
>From: Frederick Bruckman [mailto:fb@enteract.com]
>
>On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Fischer, Roger wrote:
>
>> checking build system type... Invalid configuration `--netbsd': machine
`-'
>> not recognized
>>
>> ... then later on...
>>
>> ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
>> Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
>> configure: error: libtool configure failed
>> *** Error code 1
>
>Are you trying to build devel/libtool, or pkgtools/pkglibtool?
>The pkglibtool builds fine on mac68k-1.4_beta.

Actually I'm trying to build kdebase.
but early in the build, I get the following messages.

:  ===>  Patching for kdebase-1.1
:  ===>  Applying NetBSD patches for kdebase-1.1
:  ===>  Configuring for kdebase-1.1
:  creating cache ./config.cache
:  checking host system type... Invalid configuration `--netbsd': machine
`-' not recognized
:  checking target system type... Invalid configuration `--netbsd': machine
`-' not recognized
:  checking build system type... Invalid configuration `--netbsd': machine
`-' not recognized

Then a few minutes later I get...

:  ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
:  Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
:  configure: error: libtool configure failed

But I ran ltconfig manually, and it seemed to recognize my system, so I
don't know why it couldn't find the host system type when I was building
kdebase.

:  max# ./ltconfig ltmain.sh
:  checking host system type... m68k-apple-netbsd1.3.2
:  ...