Subject: Re: i broke my package system :)
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Andrew Brown <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/26/1999 09:46:42
>>So, can you please mail me a full example output of what actually did go
>>wrong? (All the information, please: cd /usr/pkgsrc/foo/bar ; make
>>install >& log ; mail <log !)
>um...that's an awful lot of stuff.  if you glance back at my message
>from 23:41:55 last night, that's the basic set of steps i took.
>meanwhile...i'll start making that log up.

i've put my log up at rather than
mail it to the list.  and it doesn't tell me anything.  it doesn't
even get the same error.

well...that's annoying.  i guess.  when i said yes to reproducible
earlier, i meant that i could get the same error out of pkg_add when
trying to install the bing package.  but that was before i fixed my
package system.  :)

i guess i could go a step further back and reinstall 1.3.3, but that'd
kind of be a drag.  and after all that, my pkgdb is still "ascii data"
and everything else still works.