Subject: Re: i broke my package system :)
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/25/1999 23:34:06
>> pkg_create: can't open pkgdb: Inappropriate file type or format
>
>Hum, just out of curiousity, what does "ident
>/usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install/Makefile" say on your system?

/usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install/Makefile:
     $NetBSD: Makefile,v 1.19 1999/04/19 20:11:07 tron Exp $

which is what id expect since the -current package told me to install
it.  :)

>Please check if you have a directory /var/db/pkg.

yep.  totally.  please...  :)

>What does "ls -la /var/db/pkg" say?

uh...it tells me i have a dozen packages installed and a 270k pkgdb
file thingee.

>Does a "pkg_admin rebuild" help?

well...it complains about perl, but otherwise yep.  thanks!

>Were there any errors when you "make install"ed the pkg_install package?

nope.  not a one.  not that i recall anyway.  that was a few days ago.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|