Subject: i broke my package system :)
To: None <>
From: Andrew Brown <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/25/1999 23:18:16

when trying to install a -current package, i was "told" that i needed
new package tools so i built new ones.  now i can't complete the
install for other packages that i want to install.  :(

pkg_create: can't open pkgdb: Inappropriate file type or format

waaaah!!!  can someone tell me how to fix this please?  or would i
just be better off re-unpacking the 1.3.3 pkg tools.

this is the thing about packages that "irks" me.  it's too easy to
just make and make install something and i "lose touch" with what's
actually going on.  /usr/local is my friend.