Subject: Re: IMPORTANT: ld.so.conf and pkgsrc
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/23/1999 15:45:28
On 23 Apr 1999, Matthias Scheler wrote:

: > I'd like to reiterate that Aayone working on pkgsrc and submitting/testing
: > packages on a.out systems should remove "/usr/pkg/lib" from /etc/ld.so.conf
: > before working with pkgsrc.
:
: Unfortunately this is not possible yet because "ld.so" ignores "-R" for
: setuid binaries on a.out systems. The fix for this problem is only
: available in -current at the moment, 1.4 will probably have it.

Yup, now that I know about this (since everyone failed to heed earlier
warnings and kept using a ld.so.conf with /usr/pkg/lib... ;).

In any case, new development on 1.4.x machines, pending pullup of the ld.so
fix, should be done without /usr/pkg/lib in ld.so.conf.