Subject: Packages won't built, as of today...
To: None <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/14/1999 20:54:10
Hi, all.

As of today, with a fresh build, packages don't build. They break near
the end of installation, immediately after I see the message [Automatic
a.out shared object handling.]

I haven't been able to figure out exactly which "Automatic FOO shared"
message that is, and I'm not exactly sure what's happening.

Going back to yesterday's /usr/pkgsrc/mk solves the problem. I remember
reading something about migrating to /usr/share/mk, or some-
thing like that, and I assume that this is the cause.

Anyone else see this? Anyone have any ideas? I'm seeing this with a user-
land I just built today and that was supped today, so it's quite fresh.

Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped ((   from day's caravan." - Rabindranath Tagore