Subject: Re: Mosaic dependency, and a larger picture...
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/13/1999 18:49:08
On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	Plus its more work for the user - pkg_check (or the extra
> 	functionality in pkglint if it gets merged), can spit out a list
> 	of all unused distfiles, and also all distfiles who's md5 cksum
> 	does not match (another useful option :)

Definitely - I've seen many checksum mismatches here, most of which I can
not explain.

So, if the pkg version checking gets into pkglint, it would be nice if the
distfile administration (checksumming, old distfiles) could be merged into
something like pkg_admin, but that would mean some rewriting (perl->c)...
Or stick around with yet another utility? I don't know.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>