Subject: Re: pkg_create: Overwriting /usr/pkg/sbin/tnt_setup - pkg tnt1.8-pre6
To: None <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/11/1999 18:51:24
Hubert Feyrer wrote

> On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> > pkg_create: Overwriting /usr/pkg/sbin/tnt_setup - pkg tnt1.8-pre6
> > bogus/conflict
> > ing?
> > tnt1.8-pre6 requires installed package dialog-0.6z
> > tnt1.8-pre6 requires installed package ncurses-1.9.9g
> >
> > I tried "make deinstall" and "make install" again and again to no
> > avail. What is going wrong here? Do I have a corrupt database and how
> > can I fix this?
>
> Maybe dump the pkgdb (pkg_info -F) and grep for that filename to see for
> which package the file was registerred previously.
>
> If you think something's fishy with the old package, you can rebuild the
> pkgdb entries with "pkg_admin rebuild". If you (really!) feel the urge to
> remove all the pkgdb entries of a certain package (without touching the
> (isntalled) package otherwise), use "pkg_delete -O foo-1.42". But you
> shouldn't need to do any of these...

Ok, "make deinstall" and "pkg_delete -O tnt-1.8" helped me out.

I got myself into this situation after installing the package with
a PLIST from the previous version. A few files have changed since
causing several warnings during the install.

I de-installed the package, updated the PLIST and re-installed the
package after that, but couldn't get rid of the warnings discussed
above.

Thanks for your help

cheerio Berndt
--