Subject: Re: pkg_create: Overwriting /usr/pkg/sbin/tnt_setup - pkg tnt1.8-pre6
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/11/1999 04:47:46
On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> pkg_create: Overwriting /usr/pkg/sbin/tnt_setup - pkg tnt1.8-pre6
> bogus/conflict
> ing?
> tnt1.8-pre6 requires installed package dialog-0.6z
> tnt1.8-pre6 requires installed package ncurses-1.9.9g
>
> I tried "make deinstall" and "make install" again and again to no
> avail. What is going wrong here? Do I have a corrupt database and how
> can I fix this?

Maybe dump the pkgdb (pkg_info -F) and grep for that filename to see for
which package the file was registerred previously.

If you think something's fishy with the old package, you can rebuild the
pkgdb entries with "pkg_admin rebuild". If you (really!) feel the urge to
remove all the pkgdb entries of a certain package (without touching the
(isntalled) package otherwise), use "pkg_delete -O foo-1.42". But you
shouldn't need to do any of these...

Question on the arising of that problem... are you using
FORCE_PACKAGE_REGISTER or so anywhere (env)?

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>