Subject: Re: postgresql pkg & TAS
To: None <>
From: Dave Millen <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/29/1999 09:24:27 wrote:

> AFAIK, postgres/ql doesn't yet have asm support for the arm32,
> but for anyone familiar with that platform producing an arm TAS() should be
> trivial. Please feed the new locking code back to the postgresql team if you do.

Hmm, I did have this working on arm32 at the time of postgresql 6.1. IIRC it was
only about 3 or 4 lines of assembler. I did feed it back to the postgres team, but
obviously it didn't make it into the source tree.

I will have a look through my hard disks and old emails to see if I can locate it.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot!