Subject: Re: postgresql pkg & TAS
To: None <proff@suburbia.net>
From: Dave Millen <webmaster@largesalad.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/29/1999 09:24:27
proff@suburbia.net wrote:

> AFAIK, postgres/ql doesn't yet have asm support for the arm32,
> but for anyone familiar with that platform producing an arm TAS() should be
> trivial. Please feed the new locking code back to the postgresql team if you do.

Hmm, I did have this working on arm32 at the time of postgresql 6.1. IIRC it was
only about 3 or 4 lines of assembler. I did feed it back to the postgres team, but
obviously it didn't make it into the source tree.

I will have a look through my hard disks and old emails to see if I can locate it.

regards,
Dave
--
Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot!

e-mail: webmaster@largesalad.co.uk
net: http://www.largesalad.co.uk/DJMsoft/