Subject: Re: building xemacs20, I wish. (fwd)
To: Guy Santiglia <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/18/1999 15:40:24
On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Guy Santiglia wrote:
> I think that may be beyond my skills right now.  Where would I start to
> look?  Which files?  Would they be in the work directory of the package?
> /usr/pkgsrc/editors/xemacs20/work

The process may require some knowledge, though... :)

> I just copied the whole directory over to my system.  Just in case I
> may have corrupted the the one I had.

Hum, you can'd make many mistakes there, and if the xemacs-source fetched
later on by that was damaged it would have been detected, too.
I suspect something else is wrong there.

>   I can get xemacs20 installed with the xemacs-iforgot.tgz precompiled
> binary, but I need to have that MULE option built in because I want to be
> able to type in Korean.
>   So I type: make USE_MULE=yes, at the prompt to build xemacs.

Looks fine to me.

> I'm interested in that memory problem possibility you mentioned.
> I do have a mix and match of memory.  One 16 meg and one 32 meg
> board installed.  May be I'll try building with only one memory
> board installed.

This may help... I don't know enough about your port's hardware to give
any further assistance there, though. Maybe ask on
(or what was it? i forgot, sorry!).

  - Hubert

Hubert Feyrer <>