Subject: Re: building xemacs20, I wish. (fwd)
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Guy Santiglia <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/16/1999 13:48:00
On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Guy Santiglia wrote:
> > How can I localize the error?
> Read the source and try to find out what's going on.

I think that may be beyond my skills right now.  Where would I start to
look?  Which files?  Would they be in the work directory of the package?

> > I was worried about my package source not being up to date, so I
> > downloaded  just the /xemacs20 directory and put it into my
> > /usr/pkgsrc/ dirctory.  Is this method OK for updating a single
> > package or should I just get the pkgsrc.tgz file all at once and
> > install that?
> Uh, what /xemacs20 directory? If you mean the binary package
> (xemacs-iforgot.tgz), then you should better install it with pkg_add
> instead of simply untarring it.
>  - Hubert
> Hubert Feyrer <>

  I mean this /xemacs20 directory:

I just copied the whole directory over to my system.  Just in case I
may have corrupted the the one I had.

  I can get xemacs20 installed with the xemacs-iforgot.tgz precompiled
binary, but I need to have that MULE option built in because I want to be
able to type in Korean.

  So I type: make USE_MULE=yes, at the prompt to build xemacs.

I'm interested in that memory problem possibility you mentioned.
I do have a mix and match of memory.  One 16 meg and one 32 meg
board installed.  May be I'll try building with only one memory
board installed.

  Thanks for your help,

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, NetBSD 1.3.3!
South Korea