Subject: Re: building xemacs20, I wish. (fwd)
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/16/1999 08:15:13
On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Guy Santiglia wrote:
> > Illegal instruction - core dumped
> > *** Error code 132
>
> This can be caused by:
>  - bad on-board memory
>  - broken kernel
>  - broken compiler or other part of toolchain (assembler, linker, ...)
>
> It's unlikely that this is xeamcs' fault, but to get sure you might want
> to retry, maybe check that your pkgsrc is upto date. You can also try to
> localize the error (where exactly it happens), then see what ktrace says
> about the SIGILL being sent.

   That sounds like the best advice I've gotten about this problem.
How can I localize the error?

I was worried about my package source not being up to date, so I
downloaded  just the /xemacs20 directory and put it into my
/usr/pkgsrc/ dirctory.  Is this method OK for updating a single
package or should I just get the pkgsrc.tgz file all at once and
install that?

take care,

	Guy

>  - Hubert
>
> --
> Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, NetBSD 1.3.3!
South Korea