Subject: Re: xcopilot
To: None <bsalai@rochester.rr.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/15/1999 23:33:11
"Stephen B. Salai" wrote:

> xcopilot builds fine, but trying to run it produces:
>
> sparky# xcopilot &
> [1] 13105
> sparky# Could not create rc directory: No such file or directory
>
> [1]    Exit 1                        xcopilot
>
> I took a look at the source, and found where this is generated:
>
> int init(Pilot *pilot)
> {
>   struct stat buf;
>
>   expand_tilde(&pilot->DataDir);
>   add_slash(&pilot->DataDir);
>   if (stat(pilot->DataDir, &buf) == -1) {
>     if (errno == ENOENT) {
>       if (mkdir(pilot->DataDir, S_IRWXU)) {
>         perror("Could not create rc directory");
>         exit(1);
>       }
>     }
>     else {
>         perror("Could not access rc directory");
>         exit(1);
>     }
>   }

Try moving the "add_slash()" line after the last brace of the else part
of the "if (stat" test.  I've sent this off to the pilot-unix mailling
list, but apparently the current maintainer of xcopilot hasn't been
heard of for a while.  I think I ran into this problem on Ultrix -
I've run the xcopilot package on NetBSD but don't remember hitting the
problem there...

If this works let me know and I'll update the package.

Simon.