Subject: Re: pkg_delete -R
To: Stephen B. Salai <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/10/1999 14:00:19
On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Stephen B. Salai wrote:
> Does -R delete delete pkgs that other pkgs depend on?

Not per default. It will if you pass the "-f" switch (which I really do
NOT recomment :-).

> Does it delete pkgs that were already built for other things at the time
> the pkg we are talking about was built?

Er, I don't understand. :>

It only takes the given package, then goes down for all packages listed in
the packages' +CONTENTS @pkgdep packages.

> If there were a way to make -R just delete the pkgs it depends on that
> nothing else depends on, that would be very nice.`

That's the way it is (unless i'm misunderstanding you :-)

If you add a package "app1" that wants "lib", and do a "pkg_delete -R
app1" this will nuke "app1" and "lib". If you add a "app2" that also
depends on "lib" and do the same pkg_delete again, only "app1" will be

 - Hubert

Hubert Feyrer <>