Subject: free BSD pkg on NetBSD
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/05/1999 23:37:14
I'm trying to construct a package from FreeBSD on my NetBSD 1.3.3 system.
  I've never constructed a package before.  I've only used the package
system to install the packages that come with NetBSD pkgsrc.

  Now I want to install Wnn, "The input method" for Japanese, Korean and
Chinese.

  I'm not sure where to start.  Should I copy that freeBSD directory
ftp://sunsite.kren.ne.kr/pub/OS/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/korean/Wnn

over to my /usr/pkgsrc directory and start editing the Makefile and such.

I was reading the package constructer's guide  in the
/usr/pkgsrc/Packages.txt file to learn how to do this.

   Can some one tell me what is the best way to start this project?
And where is a good place to get more instructions about constructing a
package?

  Do HAVE TO construct a package in order to install Wnn4.2.tar.gz on
NetBSD or is there an easier way that I am over looking?

  Thanks for any suggestions,

			Guy

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, NetBSD 1.3.3!
South Korea