Subject: free BSD pkg on NetBSD
To: None <>
From: Guy Santiglia <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/05/1999 23:37:14
I'm trying to construct a package from FreeBSD on my NetBSD 1.3.3 system.
  I've never constructed a package before.  I've only used the package
system to install the packages that come with NetBSD pkgsrc.

  Now I want to install Wnn, "The input method" for Japanese, Korean and

  I'm not sure where to start.  Should I copy that freeBSD directory

over to my /usr/pkgsrc directory and start editing the Makefile and such.

I was reading the package constructer's guide  in the
/usr/pkgsrc/Packages.txt file to learn how to do this.

   Can some one tell me what is the best way to start this project?
And where is a good place to get more instructions about constructing a

  Do HAVE TO construct a package in order to install Wnn4.2.tar.gz on
NetBSD or is there an easier way that I am over looking?

  Thanks for any suggestions,

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, NetBSD 1.3.3!
South Korea