Subject: Re: did the "make reinstall" functionality get slightly broken in
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/03/1999 00:56:10
On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Well, that's not strictly true.  From the guts of the "fake-pkg" target:
> .if defined(FORCE_PKG_REGISTER)
> 	@${RM} -rf ${PKG_DBDIR}/${PKGNAME}
> .endif
> Clearly the above is inadeqate now that pkgdb.byfile.db has been
> implemented.

I've placed two patches to and pkg_delete up at the URLs below,
please try them out, they shut up that "key is already present" messages
for me. Please let me know[*] if this works for you.

(I still do not think that FORCE_PKG_REGISTER should be used here, the
handling in is broken, hence this fix).

 - Hubert

[*] I've had trouble in the past with replying to you, mail to you bounces
    because my mail host doesn't have a MX record. Please make sure you
    use some sane mail address if you want an answer from me!

Hubert Feyrer <>