Subject: Re: Packages System Documentation
To: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@westley.demon.co.uk>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/25/1999 10:36:14
Hello!

> Any documentation that is stored under the src/ hierarchy is liable to be
> different to what is in pkgsrc/, and so will quickly end up being confusing at
> best, incorrect at worst. Whilst this also applies to packages(7), in practice

Hmm, would it make sense to put the packages(7) manpage into the
pkg_utilities subdir, and thus install it also via
pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install?

This way we can make sure that it is at least in sync with the pkg_*
commands.

If that sounds reasonable, someone else should make that, since I don't
know how to cvs-move the file without loosing history...

Greets
--
   Name  : Thorsten Frueauf            Milano@irc cri@onaliM       //
   E-Mail: s_frueau@ira.uka.de oder ukfy@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de     \X/