Subject: Re: use of IGNORE= for packages also incorporated into the system....
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/24/1999 08:56:21
On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Greg A. Woods wrote:

: > That breaks bulk builds for point releases.  i.e. if we still do a 1.3.4
: > in addition to 1.4 (which looks possible), the pkg build for 1.3.4 wouldn't
: > include it.
:
: Silly me -- I was assuming that pkgsrc would be branched at the same
: time as the main source tree.  (That's why I explicitly said
: "pkgsrc-current".)  Perhaps I'm dreaming too much about FreeBSD again....

Well, it has been considered, but probably won't happen, just because of the
overhead of maintaining two pkgsrc trees.  Since the base OS's functionality
doesn't phenomenally change from release to release, just a little version
detection here and there makes pkgsrc work everywhere.