Subject: Re: two new packages
To: dustin sallings <dustin@spy.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/22/1999 14:53:09
On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, dustin sallings wrote:
> 	I also had a question...  How difficult would it be to make the
> package system smart enough to be able to find a dependancy that was
> installed outside of the package system?  It seems non-trivial seeing as
> how the dependancies are referenced.  In my example, I had ssh in
> /usr/local/bin/ssh but the package didn't exist, so it didn't go.  I use
> kerberos5 with my ssh, and I don't believe that's how it builds out of
> pkgsrc.  I've had similar problems with things that use perl.

We've tried using non-pkgsrc packages, but decided to no longer support
it, as we don't know how these non-pkgsrc packages were configured, and
thus often failed in mysterious ways.
For SSH, I think it has some switch to enable kerberos - please see the
ssh/Makefile.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>