Subject: Re: Package building questions...
To: Martin J. Laubach <>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/21/1999 21:52:37

>   What _I_ would like, is a BATCH_BUILD option. Without it (the rule),
> the package build procedure is allowed to ask me questions. With it
> (the exception), it will rely on mk.conf.

Uhm, I did not read the whole thread, so may I missed something, but
we already have:

               Set this if your package needs to interact with the user during
               a build.  User can then decide to skip this package by setting
               ${BATCH}, or compiling only the interactive package by setting

So every interactive package needs to set this. And with BATCH in
/etc/mk.conf you can decide to build them or not... so this is already
there :)

   Name  : Thorsten Frueauf            Milano@irc cri@onaliM       //
   E-Mail: oder     \X/