Subject: Re: Package building questions...
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/20/1999 23:06:58
On Sun, Feb 21, 1999 at 01:46:31AM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> > 	You can always make the build interactive and ask the question.
> Ewww, please not.
> Interactive builds are bad, because
> 1. They face the user with questions he may not be able or more likely
>    does not want to deal with.

Hm. In the case of what I'm thinking about, I think it would be a good
thing to ensure that the user at least knows how to create accounts before
installing a package that is a potential gaping security hole if poorly

Of course, having the build stop because the required user doesn't exist
will stop bulk builds. I think I'd rather have this happen than have the
package blithely add a user, though.

Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped ((   from day's caravan." - Rabindranath Tagore