Subject: Re: Package building questions...
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/20/1999 23:00:22
On Sun, Feb 21, 1999 at 01:38:14AM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> I also have 2.1.7 running here at home, and I also have a package for it
> (in case you want it, let me know). There's also 2.1.10 out, but I didn't
> find time to update my package.
> The reason this isn't in pkgsrc is that all these versions are tagged
> "beta". (Although I have to say I have _never_ seen 2.1.7 or anything else
> crashing... maybe I should just commit it? What do people think?)

I'm pretty sure that there hasn't been a full release of fvwm 2 yet.

The package we have now is just as "beta" as 2.1.10, as I understand it. The
fvwm site download page <> indicates this,
at any rate.

FWIW, 2.1.7 has been rock solid for me for a while now, as has 2.0.46 or
whatever the package tree version is.

Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped ((   from day's caravan." - Rabindranath Tagore