Subject: Re: gtk mess
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Rene Hexel <rh@idle.trapdoor.vip.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/19/1999 14:51:30
Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> > objections, please tell me, otherwise I will get to work and commit the
> > required changes as soon as I have them ...
>
> Fire away. If you can only modify the old (1.0) gtk to live with
> whatever's comes up after it (now and in the future), the better.

  Looks good.  I have now committed changes to gtk10 and the
corresponding packages depending on it that allow them to co-exist with
any newer gtk.  Specifically, the include file hierarchy is now
installed under ${X11BASE}/include/gtk10, the libraries in
${X11BASE}/lib are called libgtk10, libgdk10, and libglib10, and the
config executable in ${X11BASE}/bin is called gtk10-config.

  Basically all you have to do to make a gtk10 package compile is to use
the compile/link options provided by gtk10-config (as opposed to
gtk-config).  For most packages that use GNU autoconfig, this requires a
simple

  CONFIGURE_ENV+= GTK_CONFIG="${X11BASE}/bin/gtk10-config"

  or a

  CONFIGURE_ARGS= --with-gtk-config=${X11BASE}/bin/gtk10-config

  in their Makefiles.

  No changes are required to packages running under gtk+-1.1.x ...

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene