Subject: @(un)exec ln -s man/man?/... and automatic man page handling
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@trillium.NMSU.Edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/17/1999 08:16:04
I noticed the following problem when constructing a package (this is a
new version of teTeX, though that is really not relevant) and am
wondering how to fix this.  The normal installation procedure in
several instances installs a man page along with several soft links to
it.  Normally, the PLIST would look like this so that the links get
installed/deinstalled correctly:

     man/man1/program.1
     @exec ln -s man/man1/program.1 man/man1/alternate_name.1
     @unexec rm -f man/man1/alternate_name.1

However, automatic compressed man page handling greps PLIST for man
pages and retrieves these @exec/@unexec lines, which of course make no
sense to the commands that use the list of man page files.

So the problem is, how can we modify the automatic man page handling
to allow for links of one man page to another?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Brook