Subject: Re: removing CONFLICTS abusing
To: None <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/17/1999 11:21:51
Hello!

> Subsequently this was also set in may packages to include "old" versions
> of that package.

Whats the problem with that? An sold version indeed conflicts with a new
if not removed before installing.

> Since we now check for these old/other versions installed in a different
> place for path installation via bilding and pkg installation, I want to
> remove all these CONFLICTS fields which rely on old versions.

Then I did miss something. Where do we check for old versions installed
to ensure that the new one is not just installed over it?

If its the case that if I have foo-1.0 installed, and I get still a
warning that I need to remove it first before installing foo-1.2
and the pkg_add/`make install` aborts - then its ok with me. But so
for I thought this was only true if I try to install the same
version again.

Greets
--
   Name  : Thorsten Frueauf            Milano@irc cri@onaliM       //