Subject: removing CONFLICTS abusing
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/17/1999 04:06:05
miyu# make install
===>  Installing for pkglibtool-1.2p1
===>  pkglibtool-1.2p1 conflicts with installed package(s): pkglibtool-1.2 found.
      They install the same files into the same place.
      Please remove pkglibtool-1.2  first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1

CONFLICTS was invented to prevent installation of mutually exclusive
packages which share common files, like emacs and xemacs, etc.
Subsequently this was also set in may packages to include "old" versions
of that package.

Since we now check for these old/other versions installed in a different
place for path installation via bilding and pkg installation, I want to
remove all these CONFLICTS fields which rely on old versions.

Any objections?

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>