Subject: Re: recursive dependency pkg_delete
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/07/1999 10:14:05
At 7:29 PM -0500 2/6/99, Todd Vierling wrote:
>On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Brad Salai wrote:
>
>: I think that would assume that no one would build anything outside the pkg
>: system.
>
>pkg_delete doesn't touch non-pkg stuff, so that's not really relevant.  :>
>
>--
>-- Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Bus. todd_vierling@xn.xerox.com)

What I was trying to get at is the situation were someone wants to update
to the latest
release of something that (s)he previously built in the pkg system, builds
and installs it in the
old way, and then tried to delete the
prior version from the pkg system using pkg_delete. Deleting dependant pkgs
under those
circumstances would not be a good thing.
Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                             Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                            email bsalai@tmonline.com
Rochester, NY 14614