Subject: Re: splitting pkgsrc.tar?
To: None <>
From: Christoph Badura <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/29/1999 22:11:35
Hubert Feyrer <> writes:

>On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, Brook Milligan wrote:
>> - only infrastructure subtree for installing binary packages from
>>   other sources
>> It is the latter use that is hard to do now.

>I don't know what you mean by ``other sources'', but what's wrong with
>pkg_add? You don't need pkgsrc at all for this.

Uh, you can't install -current packages on certain machines because
pkg_add bombs out.  You can't update the pkgtools on those machines either,
becuase the pkgtools can't be made into a binary package.

Having the comp set installed on all machines that you want to install
binary packages on is an unreasonable requirement, IMHO.

Christoph Badura

Probleme mit Linux?  Versuch NetBSD!
Problems with Linux?  Try NetBSD!