Subject: Re: different configurations for packages?
To: None <,>
From: Johnny Chi-Lung Lam <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/14/1999 17:40:57
I'm curious what the preferred way to handle this situation as well.
I notice that several packages, e.g. editors/xemacs20, use make
variables from /etc/mk.conf to conditionally compile certain features
into the package.  I am putting together a new Window Maker package
which does something similar to conditionally compile support for KDE
or GNOME, plus various I18N files.  Is this the right way to do it?

I imagine the situation only gets difficult when the various compile
options cause different files to be installed, meaning we have to
cobble together the correct PLIST from several files.
   Johnny C. Lam
   Department of Statistics
   Carnegie Mellon University