Subject: Re: netscape (binary package)
To: None <>
From: Christoph Badura <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/14/1999 20:57:28 (Todd Vierling) writes:
>Actually, it knows about the layout of SunOS 4.1.x CD-ROMs, and requires
>that you set the make variable SUNOS_CDROM_PATH.

>This *could* conceivably be done manually, but then I wouldn't be able to
>guarantee PLIST consistency.

Huh? Presumably you could verify the distfiles with their MD5 sum.

>I could probably make the pkg a "no-op"
>dependency if the appropriate files were already in /emul/sunos.

I don't see why one would want to do that.  I install pkgs because I want
to put the system into a known state.

Also, this package would be useful even if we can't put the binary pkg
on the FTP server or the CDs.

Christoph Badura

Probleme mit Linux?  Versuch NetBSD!
Problems with Linux?  Try NetBSD!